MEET JORDI POWELL OF
MOD HAIR COLOR SALON & BEAUTY STORE
1. When did you graduate from cosmetology college and from which one did you graduate? I graduated from La’ James in September of 2012.
2. Why did you decide to go into this industry? I went into this industry because I love socializing with guests along with giving them some killer hair.
3. What is your favorite part of being a cosmetologist? My favorite part is the guests. Giving them a great cut & color and them feeling good about themselves very rewarding. I love the relationships I have created with them.
4. Why did you choose Mod Hair Color Salon & Beauty Store? I chose Mod because it looked “COOL.” A cool looking place, cool people, & Mod did cool hair!
5. What’s your favorite thing about being a team member at Mod? My favorite part about being a team member is that we’re like sisters. We joke & laugh at each other a lot & are so close we like to hang out even outside of work. It’s really awesome to have a stress-free work day!
6. What’s your most embarrassing salon moment? We have music icons hanging in the salon…long story short, I thought the Beatles were ACDC. Thanks mom & dad for zero music education growing up!
7. What’s your favorite styling tip you like to teach your guests? I love the simple, 5- minute TUCK & ROLL style. Pair it with a Pink Pewter Headband…..LOVE!!
8. What do you like to do most when you are not in the salon? I love to work on my photography business, family time & Jonathan and I’s two fur babies – Diego & Lambeau.
9. What are the hair care products you can not live without and why? I can’t live without dry shampoo (time saver), Lanza Trauma Treatment, & Lanza Healing Oil Hairspray.
10. What are your top two services you enjoy doing most and why? Color & Haircuts – I specifically love BALAYAGE techniques because I get to give a customized color for each individual.
FOLLOW Jordi Powell on Instagram @jordipowell93