Meet Jody Carrier of
Mod Hair Color Salon & Beauty Store
1. What made you choose Heather as a business partner? Heather is the yin to my yang. Her strengths are my weaknesses & my strengths are her weaknesses. Somehow together we are better.
2. What is you favorite part of owning a salon? Heather & I had a vision of what we wanted our work environment to be like and we were able to create that ourselves.
3. Why did you choose the beauty industry? I like helping people & making them feel their best, but I wanted it to be in a happy environment.
4. What is your favorite service to perform & why? COLOR HANDS DOWN!! I love the transformation. It’s such a fun way to make a total change without having to do a dramatic cut.
5. Who is your stylist idol & why? I love Wayne Grund. He is an incredibly talented hairstylist. He also created a product line that is health conscious, eco-friendly, charitable, and quality. He really cares about this industry and the people in it, and he is always kind to the people that work for him.
6. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment at Mod? What was it? My sleeve caught the faucet at the shampoo bowl & turned on the water unexpectedly. Water went everywhere. It did not get on my guest, but he continues to pick on me about it & even put a meme on Facebook about it. 🙁
7. What has been your favorite hair color on yourself? I prefer myself as a blonde, but I have been a brunette and a red head.
8. Name your top 3 products you can’t live without. AG Hair Bigg Wigg Root Lifter – you don’t know how much you NEED it until you don’t use it one day, Lanza Trauma Treatment – best leave in conditioner for curls ever, and Sebastian Reshaper Hairspray.
9. What has been your favorite beauty trend throughout your career? Perms! Ha ha just kidding! I don’t think I could pick just one – they come and go so quickly. I will always love a good diagonal forward bob – classic.
10. What do you enjoy most about your team at Mod Hair Color Salon & Beauty Store? I love that we a strong group of talented women that lift each other up.
FOLLOW Jody Carrier on Instagram @jodycarrier