1. When did you graduate from cosmetology college and from which one did you graduate? I graduated cosmetology school in 1993 from La’ James.
2. Why did you go into this industry? I went into this industry because I’ve always known I wanted to help people. I just didn’t know to what capacity and I’ve always been interested in the fashion industry so I visited La’ James and signed up for classes immediately after graduating high school.
3. What is your favorite part of being a cosmetologist? I love meeting new people and I love making people look and feel great!
4. Why did you choose Mod? I chose Mod because of it’s leadership and for the team that works together. The team members at Mod are professional women that care about their guests and each other!
5. What’s your favorite thing about being a team member at Mod? My favorite thing about being a team member at Mod is that every stylist here is always willing to help you when you’re unsure or if there’s an area you aren’t so strong in, they help you become stronger and confident.
6. What’s your most embarrassing salon moment? In my early years of being a stylist I was really nervous about “fitting in.” I had an older guest that I was giving a shampoo to and accidentally got water down her back! I was so embarrassed! It’s years later and we still laugh about it.
7. What’s your favorite styling tip you like to teach your guests? My favorite styling tip is to encourage my guests to use a Wet Brush to detangle their hair after shampooing. I also like to teach my guests how to get a really pretty beach-y wave by using a wand to curl their hair.
8. What do you like to do most when you are not in in the salon? When I’m not in the salon I like to spend time either with my family or relaxing on my porch trying to gain inspiration from my surroundings.
9. What are the hair care products you can not live without and why? Moroccanoil Treatment because it allows me to add shine to my hair without feeling greasy and weighing down my hair. I also like Bassu Hydrating Masque because it’s super hydrating, weightless, and it’s user friendly. I get an amazing shine and my hair is left in great condition.
10. What are your top two services you enjoy doing most and why? My top two services are hair color and keratin treatments. Hair color because I’m able to create a customized color for my clients that fits their individual personality.
Keratin Treatments because it allows clients who have trouble with frizzy unruly hair. The Keratin Treatment tames the frizz and allows me to offer a non chemical smoothing solution to guests who want smooth hair without compromising the integrity of their hair.