EVERYTHiNG YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEAT DAMAGE!
Everyone knows that heat damage happens with the repeated use of blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. However, most don’t know that you can do some serious damage in one single pass of the flat iron or one single blow dry. THAT’S RiGHT!! Heat damage can happen fast and the only true way to 100% rid yourself of the havoc that was caused is a haircut. So let’s talk all the ways you can prevent heat damage from happening to you.
- GET REGULAR TRiMS! Hair that is porous already isn’t strong enough to handle any amount of heat you throw at it. So keeping up with regular trims will help keep your hair in its healthiest state. We recommend every 5-6 weeks even if it’s just a light dusting of those ends.
- USE HAiR CARE PRODUCTS THAT HEAL THE HAiR! One of our favorite lines and one we recommend to a majority of our guests is L’anza Healing Hair Care. They have some amazing rinse out and leave in reconstructors that infuse the hair with moisture and protein that is depleted during color services, from environmental stressors, and from regular styling with heat tools.
- GET YOUR THERMAL PROTECTiON GAME ON! Always use a thermal protectant prior to applying any heat to the hair. L’anza stylers all have thermal protection up to 450 degrees. (but please, never have your heat tool up this high) They also have some amazing thermal protectants that actually decrease blow dry time! Who doesn’t want to save time on blow drying?!
- TURN THOSE HEAT TOOLS DOWN! Like we said earlier, DO NOT use your heat tools at 450 degrees. There is almost no need for that. It may seem faster but remember it is damaging your hair faster as well! Talk with your stylist about what temperature is right for your hair.
- INVEST iN QUALiTY HEAT TOOLS! We recommend using tools that have a temperature dial so you can control the amount of heat on your hair. Our favorite is Bio Ionic. The heat is distributed evenly throughout the tool allowing you to use a lower heat setting.
DOWNLOAD our SALON APP
Our ADDRESS 4507 Algonquin Dr Ste B, Cedar Falls, Iowa